Blessed Catholic Saints and Angels


~~Witnesses of Faith pray for us ! ~~

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy and blessed Feast of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque



Today we remember St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, the Apostle and Saint of the Sacred Heart of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In the first great revelation, our Lord Jesus Christ made known to her His ardent desire to be loved by men and His design of manifesting His Heart with all Its treasures of Love and Mercy, of sanctification and salvation. He appointed the Friday after the octave of the feast of Corpus Christi as the feast of the Sacred Heart; Lord Jesus Christ called her "the Beloved Disciple of the Sacred Heart", and the heiress of all Its treasures .
The Love of the Sacred Heart was the fire which consumed her, and devotion to the Sacred Heart is the refrain of all her writings. In her last illness she refused all alleviation, repeating frequently: "What have I in heaven and what do desire on earth, but Thee alone, O my God", and died pronouncing the Holy Name of Jesus . She was canonized by Benedict XV in 1920. When her tomb was canonically opened in July, 1830, two instantaneous cures took place. Her body rests under the altar in the chapel at Paray, and many striking favors have been obtained by pilgrims attracted thither from all parts of the world.

Below is a very powerful prayer written by St. Margaret Mary..

Sacred Heart Act of Consecration Prayer by Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque

I, ( our name. .), give myself and consecrate to the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ my person and my life, my actions, pains, and sufferings, so that I may be willing to make use of any part of my being save to honor, love, and glorify the Sacred Heart.

This is my unchanging purpose, namely, to be all His, and to do all things for the love of Him, at the same time renouncing with all my heart whatever is displeasing to Him.

I therefore take Thee, O Sacred Heart, to be the only object of my love, the guardian of my life, my assurance of salvation, the remedy of my weakness and inconstancy, the atonement for all the faults of my life and my sure refuge at the hour of death.

Be then, O Heart of goodness, my justification before God Thy Father, and turn away from me the strokes of His righteous anger. O Heart of Love, I put all my confidence in Thee, for I fear everything from my own wickedness and frailty; but I hope for all things from Thy goodness and bounty.

Do Thou consume in me all that can displease Thee or resist Thy holy will. Let Thy pure love imprint Thee so deeply upon my heart that I shall nevermore be able to forget Thee or to be separated from Thee. May I obtain from all Thy loving kindness the grace of having my name written in Thee, for in Thee I desire to place all my happiness and all my glory, living and dying in true bondage to Thee.Amen

No comments: