Blessed Catholic Saints and Angels


~~Witnesses of Faith pray for us ! ~~

Monday, July 18, 2011

Novena to St. Anne , Mother of the Blessed Virgin - Day 1-


( everyone is welcome to join in praying St. Anne Novena daily until the feast day of St. Anne )
In this novena to St. Anne we ask for help from our Blessed Mother’s mother. St. Anne, the mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary (pictured with Mary above), has long been honored by the faithful, including such illustrative figures in our church as St. Augustine, St. John Damascene, and St. Thomas Aquinas. Indeed, a renowned religious historian, the Italian cardinal Caesare Baronius, once wrote that “veneration of St. Anne is as ancient as the Church itself.”

Daily Prayer
O glorious St. Ann,
you are filled with compassion for those who invoke you
and with love for those who suffer!
Heavily burdened with the weight of my troubles,
I cast myself at your feet
and humbly beg of you to take the present intention
which I recommend to you in your special care.
Please recommend it to your daughter,
the Blessed Virgin Mary,
and place it before the throne of our Lord Jesus,
so that He may bring it to a happy issue.
Continue to intercede for me until my request is granted.
But, above all, obtain for me the grace one day
to see my God face to face,
and with you and Mary and all the saints and angels
to praise and bless Him for all eternity.Amen.
( here our prayer intention )
Our Father..Hail Mary..Glory Be

O Jesus, Holy Mary, St. Ann,
help me now and at the hour of my death.
Good St. Ann, intercede for me.Amen

First Day

Dear St. Ann,
though I am but a prodigal child,
I appeal to you and place myself under your great motherly care.
Please listen to my prayers and grant my requests.
See my contrite heart,
and show me your unfailing goodness.
Deign to be my advocate and recommend me to God’s infinite mercy.
Obtain for me forgiveness of my sins
and the strength to begin a new life that will last forever.

Blessed St. Ann,
I also beg of you the grace to love,
to serve, and to honor your daughter,
the most holy Virgin Mary.
Please recommend me to her and pray to her for me.
She refuses none your requests
but welcomes with loving kindness
all those for whom you intercede.
Good Lord Jesus,
be merciful to the faithful servants of Your grandmother St. Ann. Amen

No comments: